Embark on a culinary journey of barbecue bliss with Air Fryer Baby Back Pork Ribs—a tantalizing recipe that brings the slow-cooked tenderness and smoky flavors of traditional barbecue straight to your air fryer. This simple and delectable preparation transforms a rack of baby back ribs into a masterpiece of succulence, ensuring each bite is a harmonious blend of juicy perfection and crispy delight.
The journey begins by prepping the ribs, meticulously removing the membrane from the back to allow the spices and flavors to permeate every inch. A flavorful dry rub, featuring paprika, brown sugar, garlic and onion powder, thyme, salt, and a hint of cayenne for those who crave a bit of heat, coats the ribs, creating a symphony of savory goodness.
A brief marination in olive oil allows the dry rub to infuse its essence, ensuring each bite is a burst of well-balanced flavors. As the air fryer preheats to a gentle 300°F (150°C), the ribs find their place in the basket, ready to undergo the magic of the air-frying process.
In just 25-30 minutes, the air fryer works its culinary charm, turning the ribs into a perfect union of tenderness and crispiness. Optionally glazed with barbecue sauce in the final moments for that sticky-sweet finish, these Air Fryer Baby Back Pork Ribs emerge as a succulent masterpiece ready to be savored.
Allow the ribs to rest momentarily before slicing between the bones, revealing a picture-perfect cross-section of flavors and textures. Whether enjoyed as a mouthwatering appetizer or the star of your barbecue feast, these ribs showcase the convenience of the air fryer without compromising on the robust essence of classic barbecue. Get ready to savor the joy of barbecue without the hassle, one delightful rib at a time.
Air Fryer Baby Back Pork Ribs
- 1 rack of baby back pork ribs
- Dry rub or marinade of your choice
- BBQ sauce (optional)
- Prepare Ribs:
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs for better flavor penetration.
- Apply your preferred dry rub or marinade to the ribs. Allow them to marinate for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate for a few hours for more flavor.
- Preheat Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Air Fry:
- Place the marinated ribs in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not overcrowded.
- Air fry for about 25-30 minutes, flipping the ribs halfway through the cooking time.
- Optional: Apply BBQ Sauce:
- If desired, brush the ribs with BBQ sauce in the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
- Check Doneness:
- Check for doneness by ensuring the internal temperature of the ribs reaches at least 145°F (63°C).
- Rest and Serve:
- Allow the ribs to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutritional Information (Approximate Values Per Serving – Based on a 3-4 oz serving size):
- Calories: Around 200-250 kcal
- Total Fat: 15-20g
- Saturated Fat: 5-8g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6-8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2-3g
- Sodium: 300-400mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0-1g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 20-25g