Zucchini Tomato Crustless Quiche offers a delightful combination of flavors and textures in a simple yet satisfying dish. With fresh, thinly sliced zucchini and juicy tomatoes layered with vibrant baby spinach, this quiche is not only visually appealing but also packed with wholesome ingredients. The absence of a traditional crust makes it a lighter option, perfect for those looking to reduce their carb intake or simply seeking a healthier alternative.
The star of this dish is the creamy egg mixture, seasoned perfectly with salt, pepper, and a splash of water for added lightness. Whisked until smooth and poured over the layered vegetables, the eggs bind everything together as they bake, creating a fluffy and flavorful base for the quiche. Fresh herbs like chopped chives, torn basil leaves, and fragrant thyme add a burst of freshness and elevate the overall taste profile of the dish.
Baking the quiche in the oven at 375°F (190°C) ensures that the eggs set to perfection, resulting in a golden brown top that is both visually appealing and enticingly crispy. Once baked through, the quiche is allowed to cool slightly before serving, allowing the flavors to meld together beautifully. Whether enjoyed as a hearty breakfast, a light lunch, or a flavorful dinner, this Zucchini Tomato Crustless Quiche is sure to impress even the most discerning palates.
Versatile and customizable, this recipe lends itself well to various adaptations. Feel free to add your favorite cheeses, proteins, or additional vegetables to suit your taste preferences. Whether served as the main attraction or as part of a larger spread, this crustless quiche is a delicious and nutritious option that will leave you craving more with every bite.
Zucchini tomato crustless quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- A couple handfuls of baby spinach
- Splash of water
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them together with a splash of water until well beaten.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In an oven-safe skillet or baking dish, arrange the thinly sliced zucchini and tomato in layers, alternating with baby spinach leaves.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the layered vegetables in the skillet or baking dish, ensuring they are evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle chopped fresh chives, torn basil leaves, and fresh thyme leaves over the top of the frittata.
- Place the skillet or baking dish in the preheated oven.
- Bake the frittata at 375°F (190°C) for about 35 minutes or until the eggs are set and the top is golden brown.
- Once cooked through, remove the frittata from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
- Serve the baked zucchini, tomato, and spinach frittata warm, garnished with additional fresh herbs if desired.
Enjoy this delicious and nutritious frittata as a satisfying breakfast, brunch, or light meal any time of day!