Weight Watchers Strawberry and Cottage Cheese Muffins embody the perfect blend of health-conscious choices and delightful flavors. Tailored to align with a Weight Watchers lifestyle, these muffins offer a guilt-free treat that doesn’t compromise on taste. Packed with wholesome ingredients, each bite is a symphony of textures and sweetness.
The foundation of these muffins includes a combination of all-purpose flour, rolled oats, and a choice of sweetener, allowing you to control the sugar content. Baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt ensure a light and fluffy texture without excess calories.
The star players in this recipe are low-fat cottage cheese, providing a protein boost, and unsweetened applesauce, contributing moisture and natural sweetness without added fats. These substitutions align with Weight Watchers principles, creating a healthier alternative to traditional muffins.
Diced fresh strawberries add a burst of natural sweetness and a dose of vitamins, making these muffins both delicious and nutritious. The inclusion of vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor profile, offering a subtle and inviting aroma.
With simplicity in mind, these muffins come together quickly and bake to perfection in a matter of minutes. The result is a batch of muffins that not only satisfies sweet cravings but also fits seamlessly into a balanced and health-conscious diet.
Whether enjoyed as a grab-and-go breakfast or a satisfying snack, these Weight Watchers Strawberry and Cottage Cheese Muffins showcase that wellness and indulgence can coexist. With each bite, you can savor the satisfaction of treating yourself while staying true to your health and weight management goals.
Weight Watchers Strawberry and cottage cheese muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute (such as Stevia or Splenda)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cottage cheese, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here’s an approximate breakdown per muffin (assuming the recipe makes 12 muffins):
- Calories: Around 120-150 calories per muffin
- Protein: Approximately 6-8 grams
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 20-25 grams
- Fat: Around 2-4 grams
- Fiber: About 2-3 grams
- Sugar: Approximately 5-8 grams
Please note that these values are rough estimates and may vary based on the specific ingredients you use. If you have specific dietary requirements, it’s advisable to consult with a nutritionist or use a nutritional calculator to get more accurate information based on your chosen ingredients and quantities.