Satisfy your sweet cravings without derailing your wellness journey with the indulgent yet figure-friendly Weight Watchers Low-Points Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes. This clever twist on the classic dessert transforms the tropical allure of pineapple and the sweetness of brown sugar into a portion-controlled delight that aligns with your Weight Watchers plan.
Beginning with a pineapple topping that undergoes a delightful caramelization process, these cupcakes bring a burst of fruity sweetness to each bite. The meticulous balance of ingredients, including sugar substitutes and carefully measured portions, keeps the point count low while ensuring a rich and satisfying flavor profile.
The cupcake batter, crafted with precision, features a blend of flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, and a hint of salt. Wet ingredients such as applesauce, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and a touch of milk come together to create a moist and flavorful base. Spooned over the caramelized pineapple in each cupcake liner, the batter bakes into a golden perfection, ready to be enjoyed guilt-free.
These cupcakes not only deliver on taste but also on mindful eating. The portion-controlled servings make them a perfect treat for those adhering to Weight Watchers points, allowing for a moment of sweet indulgence without compromising on health-conscious choices.
Whether you’re treating yourself to a guilt-free dessert or sharing these delightful cupcakes at gatherings, they are sure to captivate taste buds and prove that wholesome ingredients and mindful portions can coexist in a delicious harmony. The Weight Watchers Low-Points Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes offer a delectable solution for those seeking a healthier twist on a classic favorite—a celebration of flavor, balance, and smart choices.
Weight Watchers Low-Points Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes
For the Pineapple Upside-Down Topping:
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice (reserve juice)
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
For the Cupcake Batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- For the Pineapple Upside-Down Topping: Drain the pineapple slices and reserve 1/4 cup of the juice. Place a pineapple slice in the bottom of each cupcake liner and add half of a maraschino cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- For the Cupcake Batter: In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar or sugar substitute, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, mix together applesauce, Greek yogurt, reserved pineapple juice, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly over the pineapple slices in the cupcake liners.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optionally, garnish with additional pineapple slices and cherries.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (approximate per cupcake, assuming 12 cupcakes):
- Calories: Approximately 90
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 11g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 70mg
Weight Watchers Points (approximate):
- This recipe is generally considered to be around 2 SmartPoints per cupcake, but please double-check with the specific ingredients you use and the current Weight Watchers plan you’re following.
Note: Nutritional values and points are approximate and may vary based on specific ingredients and brands used. Adjust the ingredients to meet your dietary preferences and needs.