- * 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- * 16 oz. Mushrooms, sliced, I used baby bella
- * 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- * 1/4 C. Vegan butter, I used Earth Balance
- * 1/4 C. All purpose flour
- * 3 C. Vegetable broth
- * 1 C. Almond milk or other non dairy milk of choice
- * 10 oz. Spaghetti
- * 1/2 C. Frozen peas
- * 1/2 C. Panko bread crumbs
- * 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- * Salt and Pepper to taste
- * Parsley to garnish
Preheat the oven to 350°F or 450°F depending on the recipe.
- Cook some spaghetti or other pasta of your choice according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large oven-safe pot or skillet, heat some oil over medium-high heat and sauté some sliced mushrooms and garlic until browned and tender. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the pot.
- In the same pot, melt some vegan butter over low heat and whisk in some all-purpose flour to make a roux. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually whisk in some vegetable broth and non-dairy milk of your choice. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened. You can also add some vegan Greek yogurt, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, or other seasonings for extra flavor and creaminess.
- Stir in some frozen peas or other veggies if you like. Add the cooked pasta and mushrooms and toss to combine everything well.
- Sprinkle some panko breadcrumbs, vegan cheese, or nutritional yeast on top of the pasta mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with some chopped parsley or other herbs if desired. Enjoy your vegan one pot mushroom tetrazzini!