Pizza baked chicken is juicy and so flavorful! An awesome change from the boring and dry! This is the perfect family meal.
yield: SERVES 4 prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES total time: 30 MINUTES
- 4x small chicken breasts, flattened
- 100g (3.5 oz) of mozzarella, grated
- 1.25 cups (300ml) of passata (crushed tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoon of tomato paste
- ¾ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley
- optional: ½ tablespoon of granulated sweetener if you prefer a sweeter pizza sauce. (I use erythritol)
- Preheat oven to 220c, fan 180c, 425f, gas mark 7
- In a bowl combine the passata, tomato paste, onion powder, garlic powder, basil and oregano and set aside.
- Season one side of the flattened chicken breasts with salt and black pepper.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with cooking oil spray, one hot, add the flattened chicken breasts (2 at a time if needed – don’t overcrowd pan if not big enough), seasoned side down.
- Season over the top with salt and black pepper, and spray the top with cooking oil spray.
- After 2-3 mins, flip the chicken over, should be nice and golden and repeat with the other side.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Top with the pizza sauce, and grated mozzarella.
- Bake till cheese is melted and chicken cooked through (but still tender (approx 10-12 mins).
- If you want the cheese more golden, you can finish off under the grill for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with your choice of sides
This recipe is gluten free friendly
- Slimming World – 1 Healthy Extra A per serving
- WW Personal Points: 3+ per serving (add ingredients to your WW diary for points value – as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
Optional – add some additional pizza toppings of choice, like vegetables, pepperoni, olives, of different types of cheese (just adjust syn value for any toppings which are not syn free)