Satisfy your sweet cravings with the irresistible charm of Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies. Crafted with care and consideration for a plant-based lifestyle, these cookies deliver all the classic goodness of traditional chocolate chip cookies without compromising on flavor or texture.
At the core of these delectable treats is a thoughtfully curated combination of vegan-friendly ingredients. A blend of plant-based butter, such as coconut oil or vegan margarine, replaces traditional dairy butter, ensuring a rich and buttery taste. To achieve that perfect cookie texture, a mix of flaxseed or chia seeds and water serves as a seamless egg substitute, binding the dough together with the same magic as their non-vegan counterparts.
What truly elevates these cookies to a level of decadence is the use of high-quality dairy-free chocolate chips. Whether dark, semi-sweet, or a tantalizing combination of both, these chocolate morsels melt into gooey pockets of indulgence as the cookies bake to golden perfection.
The result is a batch of Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies that boasts a delightful contrast between a crisp exterior and a soft, chewy interior. Each bite reveals a symphony of flavors, from the sweet and slightly salty dough to the rich, melty chocolate, creating a sensory experience that rivals even the most traditional recipes.
Whether you’re a committed vegan or simply exploring plant-based alternatives, these Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are a testament to the fact that compassion can coexist with the pleasure of a timeless treat. Share them with friends, family, or savor them solo – these cookies promise a guilt-free indulgence that transcends dietary boundaries. So, dive into the world of cruelty-free sweetness and let each bite of these cookies redefine your expectations of plant-based desserts.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened vegan butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and almond milk to the butter-sugar mixture. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. Fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, portion out the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
(assuming 12 cookies per batch):
- Calories: Approximately 150-180 calories per cookie
- Fat: Around 8-10 grams
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 20-25 grams
- Protein: Around 1-2 grams