Indulging in the art of cooking these air fryer pork baby back ribs is an experience that seamlessly combines simplicity with gastronomic delight. The process commences with a meticulous preparation of the rack, where the removal of the silverskin and the strategic division into sections sets the stage for optimal air frying. The spice rub, crafted from a medley of paprika, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, and black pepper, serves as the culinary alchemy that imparts a symphony of flavors to the ribs, promising a tantalizing journey for the taste buds.
The air fryer, a modern kitchen marvel, takes center stage as it preheats to 380 degrees Fahrenheit, becoming the vessel through which this culinary symphony unfolds. The initial 15 minutes of air frying, with the meat side down, allows the ribs to develop a savory crust, while a judicious flip and subsequent 10-12 minutes ensure an even and golden brown finish. This precise orchestration of time and temperature results in a culinary masterpiece—a marriage of succulence and crispiness that defines the quintessence of perfectly cooked ribs.
The climax of this culinary escapade involves the transformative act of brushing the ribs with a luscious coat of BBQ sauce. The sizzling sound as the sauce meets the hot surface of the ribs is a prelude to the forthcoming explosion of flavors. The ribs return to the air fryer for a brief encore, allowing the BBQ sauce to caramelize and create a delectable glaze that encapsulates the essence of barbecue perfection.
As the air fryer completes its final culinary choreography, the aroma permeating the kitchen serves as a prelude to the grand finale. Resting the ribs for 5-10 minutes is an indispensable act of patience, as it enables the juices to redistribute, ensuring each morsel is infused with the full spectrum of flavors. Whether served as a tantalizing appetizer or the centerpiece of a memorable feast, these air fryer pork baby back ribs are not just a dish; they are a culinary opus that elevates the art of cooking to a symphony of flavors and textures.
Easy Air Fryer Baby Back Ribs
- Author: Julia
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- 3 pound rack of pork baby back ribs
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, plus more as desired
- Peel the silverskin from the back of the ribs then cut the rack into 2-3 sections that fit into your air fryer basket.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine paprika, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, and pepper. Season both sides of the ribs with the spice mixture bbq spice rub, covering both sides well.
- Place the rib sections in the air fryer basket, meat side down, and air fry for 15 minutes. Flip the ribs with a pair of tongs and air fry them for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- When the timer is up, open the basket and brush the ribs with BBQ sauce – as much or little as you want. Close the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the ribs and allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving with additional BBQ sauce if desired.