Elevate your culinary experience with the exquisite flavors of Balsamic Soy Roasted Garlic Mushrooms, a dish that marries the earthy richness of mushrooms with the tangy depth of balsamic vinegar and the savory notes of soy sauce. This simple yet impressive recipe transforms humble button mushrooms into a savory delight that is both easy to prepare and irresistibly flavorful.
In the prelude to perfection, the mushrooms are halved and bathed in a luscious marinade of balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, and aromatic thyme. Each mushroom absorbs the symphony of flavors, promising a burst of complexity with every bite. The marinade not only enhances the mushrooms’ natural umami but also imparts a savory sweetness from the balsamic and a subtle richness from the soy sauce.
As the mushrooms roast in the oven, the alchemy of flavors intensifies, and their texture evolves into a perfect balance of tender and caramelized. The result is a golden-brown masterpiece, each morsel glistening with the essence of the marinade and the natural juices of the mushrooms.
This dish offers a delightful interplay of savory and tangy, making it an ideal side dish or a star in its own right. Garnished with a sprinkle of fresh parsley for a burst of color and herbaceous freshness, Balsamic Soy Roasted Garlic Mushrooms captivate the palate with their robust and harmonious profile. Whether served as an accompaniment to a main course or as a flavorful addition to salads, pasta, or rice, this dish celebrates the versatility and delectable simplicity of mushrooms in a way that is sure to delight both novice cooks and seasoned gourmands alike.
Balsamic Soy Roasted Garlic Mushrooms:
- 1 lb (about 450g) button mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for a gluten-free option)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional: Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the halved mushrooms to the bowl, tossing them to coat evenly with the marinade.
- Transfer the mushrooms to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spreading them out in a single layer.
- Roast the mushrooms in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and tender, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- Once done, remove from the oven, and garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
Nutritional Information (Approximate):
- Calories: 80 per serving (1/4 of the recipe)
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fat: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 400mg (varies based on soy sauce used)
Please note that these values are estimates and can vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes. Adjustments can be made based on dietary preferences and needs.