An easy 15 minute recipe for lazy nights when you crave some pasta goodness which comes through best in spaghetti! This Mushroom Spaghetti Aglio Olio is a really quick and comforting meal involving really less ingredients. Its perfect for meatless weeknights!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 Portions
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 8 glove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced (optional)
- 250 g oyster mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (roughly) chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons of salted vegan butter
- 60g vegan parmesan
- 200 g spaghetti
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water according to the package directions.
- Separate the oyster mushrooms and cut off the stems.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the oil and then the mushrooms. Cook without interruption until one side is browned (about 3 minutes). Discard and continue cooking for a minute or two.
- Reduce the heat and add the garlic and paprika. Cook the garlic until golden. Season.
- Cook the pasta until it is almost al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving about 60 ml of cooking water.
- Add the pasta and cooking water to your pan along with the mushrooms and garlic. Add vegan butter, parsley, and parmesan. Continue cooking for a minute, stirring to make sure everything is combined.
- Divide into two bowls, top with more vegan parm and enjoy!
Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg