Indulge in the zesty allure of these Vegan No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars, a tantalizing treat that marries the creamy richness of cheesecake with the vibrant freshness of lemon. The journey begins with a simple yet scrumptious crust, crafted from vegan graham cracker crumbs, melted coconut oil, and a touch of maple syrup, offering the perfect foundation for the symphony of flavors to follow.
The heart of these bars lies in the luscious lemon cheesecake filling, a velvety blend of soaked cashews, coconut cream, and melted coconut oil. A harmonious balance is achieved with the addition of maple syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and fragrant lemon zest, culminating in a burst of citrusy goodness. The result is a smooth and creamy concoction that captures the essence of a traditional cheesecake without any animal products.
What sets these bars apart is their no-bake nature, allowing you to savor the exquisite flavors without the need for an oven. Once assembled, the pan takes a leisurely sojourn in the refrigerator, allowing the ingredients to meld together and solidify into a delectable dessert. The reward is a tray of perfectly portioned squares, each bite delivering a refreshing blend of sweetness and tang.
Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or simply looking for a delightful dairy-free dessert, these No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars are a testament to the fact that plant-based treats can be as indulgent and satisfying as their traditional counterparts. Share them at gatherings or savor them as a personal indulgence – either way, these bars are bound to leave taste buds tingling with delight.
Vegan No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (ensure they’re vegan)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Filling:
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water for at least 4 hours or overnight)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Prepare the Crust:
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a lined square baking pan. Place it in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
Prepare the Filling:
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- In a high-speed blender, combine cashews, coconut cream, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust in the baking pan.
- Smooth the top with a spatula and tap the pan on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and let it set for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Slice and Serve:
- Once the cheesecake has set, remove it from the pan using the parchment paper overhang.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the cheesecake into bars.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest or slices if desired.
Nutritional Information (Approximate values per bar, based on 12 bars):
- Calories: 300 kcal
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Potassium: 230mg