Delicious and moist bread pudding that tastes like apple pie!
Prep Time15minutes mins
Cook Time45minutes mins
Total Time1hour hr
Servings: 6 servings
- 7 Slices of bread, vegan
- 1/2 C. Almond milk
- 3/4 C. Apple sauce
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 3 Granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 C. Brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Corn starch
- Vanilla glaze, vegan vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Now, cut the bread into cubes and set aside.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond milk, apple sauce, vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup and salt until fully combined.
- Now, add the cubed bread to the almond milk/ apple sauce mixture. Stir to fully coat the bread in the mixture, and make sure it has absorbed all the liquid. Now pour the bread pudding into a 8 x 8 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non stick spray. Smooth out the pudding and set aside.
- Now in a medium sized mixing bowl, add the peeled and chopped apples, the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir to completely coat the apples. Now, pour the apples on top of the bread pudding.
- Smooth out the apples. Now bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Until the apples are soft and caramelized a bit. Serve warm with toppings.