2 lbs bok choy, washed and julienned
1 pack of ravioli/dough packaging
1 can firm tofu, drained and pureed
¼ cup sautéed mushrooms
1 tablespoon black bean sauce
1 tablespoon corn starch
salt to taste
Spicy sauce (whisk all ingredients in a bowl until sugar dissolves):
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons chili oil and chili crumbs
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon of sugar
1. Place julienned bok choy in a large bowl with 2 teaspoons of salt, use your hands to gently massage the salt into the vegetables.
2. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. In a heated pan with 1 teaspoon oil, saute the mushrooms until lightly brown, add the black bean sauce and stir until well combined, set aside and pan-fry the tofu puree for 2 minutes (or until brown), season with salt.
3. Place both ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the bok choy using a cheesecloth or just with your palms. Add tofu mixture, cornstarch, combine well and season if necessary.
5. Put some mixture in the middle of your packaging, moisten the side with water and fold it closed. Place the wontons in a steamer basket and steam over high heat for 15 minutes.
6. Remove and serve hot with spicy sauce. You can serve the sauce on the side or as shown in the picture and enjoy.