Cook Time22 mins
Servings: 6 wraps
- 1 cup red lentils whole or split
- 2 cups water
- A pinch of salt
- Add the red lentils and water to a blender jug and leave them soaking for at least three hours.
- Add a pinch of salt and blend the lentils with the water remaining after soaking them. You don’t need to rinse them, add more water or take water out.
- Blend the lentils until you have a smooth batter. For this part, you will need to use a high-speed blender, food processor, or immersion blender.
- Using a ladle or cup, pour some lentil batter into a hot non-stick pan.
- Spread the batter into the pan using the back of the spoon or cup and move it in a circular motion until the batter is evenly spread.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes (medium-high heat) or until the wrap can be easily flipped. Flip the wrap and cook for another 4-5 minutes. If the wraps are getting too brown, bring the temperature to medium heat.
- Place the wraps on a plate and repeat until all the batter is gone. You can stack the wraps as the steam will help them get pliable and stretchy.
- You need a proper non-stick pan for this recipe.
- Stack them on top of each other in a kitchen towel when you finish cooking them. The steam helps make them pliable and stretchy while they sit with each other.
Calories: 159kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 0.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 18IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 3mg