- ½ Cup Uncooked Brown Lentils/ Saboot Masoor dal
- 1 Cup Chopped English Cucumber
- ⅓ Cup Chopped Red Pepper
- ⅓ Cup Chopped yellow Pepper
- ½ Cup Chopped Tomato(Remove the seeds)
- ¼ Cup Chopped Red Onion
- ¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro and Mint
- ¼ Cup Jalapeno,chopped
For the dressing
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil(optional) You can make this without oil as well.
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ Tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Lime/Lemon Juice
- ¼ Tsp Salt
Wash lentils under running tap water .
In a pan combine lentils with 3 cups of water and ½ tsp of salt .
Bring it to a boil and turn down the flame low.
Cook it for 12-13 minutes for till they are tender and firm .Remember you dont need to to cook it mushy .
Strain the lentils after cooking. Leave it on the strainer to make sure its totally dry .
Chop all the vegetable .
Whisk everything required to make dressing .
Mix everything together and drizzle dressing on top of it .
Mix it nicely and keep it in the fridge for flavours to get mixed up..
Serve and enjoy.