Delight your taste buds with the heartwarming goodness of Homemade Stuffed Pepper Soup, a comforting rendition of the classic stuffed peppers that transforms the beloved flavors into a soul-soothing bowl of warmth. This easy-to-follow recipe brings together a symphony of ingredients to create a hearty and nourishing soup that’s perfect for chilly evenings or any time you crave a taste of home.
Begin by browning ground beef or opting for the leaner ground turkey, infusing the pot with a rich, savory foundation. The aromatic dance continues as chopped onions, vibrant bell peppers, and minced garlic join the mix, releasing fragrances that promise a satisfying meal. Diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and a flavorful broth create a robust base, setting the stage for the star of the show—cooked rice, which adds a comforting element to each spoonful.
The soup simmers gently, allowing the blend of oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to meld into a harmonious symphony of flavors. The final result is a soup that captures the essence of stuffed peppers, offering tender vegetables, well-seasoned meat, and the soul-soothing warmth that only a homemade dish can provide.
Serve each steaming bowl of Homemade Stuffed Pepper Soup with a sprinkle of shredded cheese for an extra touch of indulgence. Whether enjoyed as a family dinner centerpiece or a nourishing solo meal, this soup invites you to savor the familiar flavors of a cherished dish in a comforting and convenient format. Embrace the joy of homemade goodness and let each spoonful transport you to a place of culinary comfort and satisfaction.
Homemade Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey for a leaner option)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, diced (any color)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz) tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese for serving (optional)
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain any excess fat.
- Add chopped onions, diced bell peppers, and minced garlic to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are softened.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef or vegetable broth. Stir well.
- Add dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Bring the soup to a simmer and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Stir in the cooked rice and let the soup simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning if needed and serve hot.
- Optionally, top each serving with shredded cheese for an extra layer of flavor.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving – Serving size may vary):
- Calories: ~250-300 kcal per serving
- Total Fat: ~10-15g
- Saturated Fat: ~4-6g
- Cholesterol: ~40-50mg
- Sodium: ~800-1000mg
- Total Carbohydrates: ~25-30g
- Dietary Fiber: ~3-5g
- Sugars: ~5-7g
- Protein: ~15-20g
Note: Nutritional values are approximate and may vary based on specific ingredients and brands used.
This Homemade Stuffed Pepper Soup is a wholesome and satisfying meal that captures the essence of a classic dish in a convenient and comforting soup format. Enjoy the rich flavors, tender vegetables, and aromatic spices that make this soup a delightful addition to your family’s dinner table.