This Healthy Frozen “Snickers” recipe offers a delightful and nutritious twist on the classic candy bar, providing a satisfying frozen treat that’s perfect for any occasion. With just a handful of simple ingredients, including a ripe banana, creamy peanut butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chopped nuts, this recipe is both easy to make and packed with flavor.
To prepare these frozen delights, simply slice a ripe banana into rounds and arrange them in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then, spoon a dollop of creamy peanut butter onto each banana slice, followed by a dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder and a sprinkle of chopped nuts. Once assembled, transfer the plate or baking sheet to the freezer and let the banana slices freeze for at least 2 hours, or until they are frozen solid.
The result is a delicious and satisfying frozen treat that captures the essence of a Snickers bar while providing a boost of nutrients from the banana and nuts. Each bite offers a creamy, nutty, and chocolaty flavor combination that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing your healthy eating goals.
These Healthy Frozen “Snickers” are not only delicious but also customizable. Feel free to get creative with additional toppings such as shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, or a drizzle of honey for added sweetness. Plus, any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for future enjoyment, making them a convenient and tasty option for satisfying your cravings whenever they strike. Whether enjoyed as a refreshing snack on a hot day or a guilt-free dessert after dinner, these frozen treats are sure to become a favorite in your recipe repertoire.
Healthy Frozen “Snickers
Healthy Frozen “Snickers” getting ready to go in the freezer – 1 point
All ingredients are in the screenshot. Just top the banana with all ingredients & freeze for at least 2 hours.
- 1 ripe banana
- Creamy peanut butter
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chopped nuts (e.g., peanuts, almonds, or walnuts)
- Slice the banana into rounds and arrange them in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spoon a small amount of creamy peanut butter onto each banana slice.
- Dust the banana slices with unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts over the top of each banana slice.
- Transfer the plate or baking sheet to the freezer.
- Freeze the banana slices for at least 2 hours, or until they are frozen solid.
- Once frozen, remove the banana slices from the freezer and enjoy as a delicious and healthy frozen treat!
- Feel free to customize this recipe by adding additional toppings such as shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, or a drizzle of honey for added sweetness.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for future enjoyment.