- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs if needed)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Clean the Portobello mushrooms by gently wiping them with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt. Remove the stems and set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and olive oil. Mix everything together until it forms a crumbly mixture. You can add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each Portobello mushroom cap with the breadcrumb mixture. Press the mixture down firmly to ensure it stays in place.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the stuffed Portobello mushrooms in the air fryer basket, making sure there’s some space between them to allow for even cooking.
- Cook the mushrooms in the air fryer at 375°F (190°C) for about 12-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the breadcrumb topping is golden brown. Cooking times may vary depending on the size and model of your air fryer, so keep an eye on them.
- Once done, carefully remove the stuffed Portobello mushrooms from the air fryer basket and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with additional fresh parsley and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve your air fryer stuffed Portobello mushrooms as a delightful appetizer or side dish. They’re delicious on their own or can complement a variety of main courses.