Dannii Martin’s Air Fryer Sausage Rolls embody the essence of culinary brilliance in their simplicity, requiring just three ingredients yet delivering a gastronomic experience that belies their quick preparation. The recipe, with its concise 12-minute cooking time in the air fryer, is a testament to efficiency without compromising on the delectable crispiness that defines the perfect sausage roll. Ideal for a spontaneous snack or a swift appetizer, this creation stands out as a testament to the marriage of convenience and flavor.
The foundation of these rolls lies in 375g of puff pastry, a versatile and flaky dough that provides the perfect canvas for the star ingredient: 400g of pork sausage meat. The meat, carefully extracted from sausages and delicately broken up with a fork, ensures a savory and satisfying filling. The folding technique, aided by the guidance to use a fork to crimp the edges, results in visually appealing and neatly sealed parcels.
Dannii’s thoughtful tips peppered throughout the recipe reflect a keen understanding of the nuances of pastry-making. Recommending the removal of store-bought pastry from the fridge 15 minutes before use showcases an attention to detail that prevents the common pitfall of cracking. The suggestion to refrigerate the rolls before cutting, should the pastry become a tad unruly, is a practical solution ensuring a seamless culinary experience.
Flexibility is a hallmark of this recipe. The call to use favorite sausages, or even venture into the realm of vegetarian or vegan alternatives, underscores the versatility that makes these rolls suitable for various dietary preferences. The addition of an egg wash not only adds a glossy finish but also contributes to the overall richness of the dish.
The nutritional breakdown per roll, accompanied by Dannii’s tip to consider lighter alternatives such as reduced-fat sausages and light puff pastry, reflects a mindful approach to consumption. The optional sesame seed topping provides an extra layer of texture and flavor, showcasing the attention to detail that elevates this simple recipe into a culinary gem.
In essence, Dannii Martin’s Air Fryer Sausage Rolls are more than a recipe; they are a culinary journey where simplicity meets sophistication, and where each bite tells a story of thoughtful preparation and a passion for creating delicious moments. Whether enjoyed as a quick treat or served at gatherings, these rolls encapsulate the joy of uncomplicated yet exceptional cooking.
Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
These Air Fryer Sausage Rolls are made with just 3 ingredients and only take 12 minutes in the air fryer. Perfectly crispy sausage rolls every time.
Prep Time5minutes mins
Cook Time12minutes mins
Total Time17minutes mins
Allergen: Dairy, Eggs, Gluten, Meat
Servings: 8 servings
Author: Dannii Martin
- Air Fryer
- 375 g Puff pastry
- 400 g Pork sausages
- 1 Egg whisked
- Remove the sausage meat from 400 g Pork sausages and put the meat into a bowl. Use a fork to break the meat up.
- Roll out 375 g Puff pastry and cut in half lengthways. Divide the sausage meat into two lines along the length of the pastry.
- Fold the pastry over the meat and gently press down. Use a fork to crimp the edge.
- Brush the long rolls with 1 Egg (whisked). Cut each roll into four and pierce the top.
- Put the rolls into your air fryer basket and cook at 200°C for 12 minutes. You may have to cook in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- We used store bought pastry, however you make your own if you wanted to save money.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge 15 minutes before you need to use it to stop it from cracking.
- You can use your favourite sausages in this recipe, and even use veggie and vegan sausages.
- Don’t add too much filling, otherwise they will be hard to fold up and close.
- You could sprinkle these with sesame seeds after the egg wash.
- If you struggle to cut the sausage rolls, then put them in the fridge before cutting to firm the pastry up a bit.
- To lighten these up, you could use light puff pastry and reduced fat sausages.
Serving: 1roll | Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.003g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 8mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 30IU | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg