Cooking a Santa Maria Tri-Tip Roast from Trader Joe’s in the air fryer is a convenient and flavorful way to enjoy this California-style classic. The unique Santa Maria seasoning, with its blend of garlic, onion, paprika, salt, and pepper, imparts a distinctive taste to the tri-tip, creating a mouthwatering culinary experience. This cooking method not only streamlines the process but also ensures a perfectly cooked roast with a succulent interior and a nicely seared exterior.
To prepare, generously rub the tri-tip with the Santa Maria-style seasoning and a touch of olive oil, allowing the flavors to meld and infuse into the meat. Placing it in the air fryer at 375°F for around 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, results in a roast that’s cooked to your preferred level of doneness—whether it’s a succulent medium-rare or a slightly more well-done medium.
Nutritionally, tri-tip is a lean cut of beef, providing a healthy dose of protein. The added olive oil contributes to the overall fat content, but the roast remains a relatively balanced and wholesome option. Keep in mind that the specific nutritional details will depend on the size of the tri-tip and the ingredients in the Santa Maria-style seasoning.
Trader Joe’s products typically provide detailed nutritional information on their packaging, helping you make informed choices based on your dietary preferences and requirements. As you savor each slice of the air-fried Santa Maria Tri-Tip Roast, you can appreciate the harmonious blend of flavors, the tenderness of the meat, and the convenience of using the air fryer to create a delicious and satisfying meal.
Air Fryer Santa Maria Tri-Tip Roast:
- 1 tri-tip roast (size depends on your preference and the air fryer capacity)
- Santa Maria-style seasoning (can be purchased or homemade with a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper)
- Olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Rub the tri-tip roast with Santa Maria-style seasoning and a light drizzle of olive oil, ensuring it’s evenly coated.
- Place the seasoned tri-tip in the air fryer basket, leaving space around it for proper air circulation.
- Air fry for approximately 25-30 minutes, flipping the roast halfway through the cooking time, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature (135-140°F for medium-rare, 145°F for medium).
- Allow the roast to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
The nutritional content of the roast will depend on the size of the tri-tip and the specific Santa Maria-style seasoning used. Typically, tri-tip is a lean cut of beef, providing a good source of protein. The added olive oil contributes to the fat content, and the seasoning may add some sodium but is generally low in calories.
For accurate nutritional information, it’s best to refer to the specific product packaging for the tri-tip and seasoning, as they may provide details such as serving size, calories, protein, fat, and other nutrients.
If you have a specific product from Trader Joe’s, you can check their website or the product packaging for detailed nutritional information.