Elevate your dessert experience with the mouthwatering Air Fryer Pecan Upside Down Cake – a delightful twist on the classic dessert that brings together the rich flavors of pecans and the convenience of air frying. This indulgent treat not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also showcases the versatility of the air fryer in creating a perfectly caramelized and moist cake.
At the heart of this dessert is a luscious layer of pecan and caramel goodness, carefully caramelized in the air fryer to create a delectable topping that will leave your taste buds tingling. The cake batter, enriched with the warm essence of vanilla and the buttery goodness of pecans, bakes to perfection in the air fryer, resulting in a moist and flavorful cake that’s both impressive and irresistibly delicious.
What makes the Air Fryer Pecan Upside Down Cake a standout is its efficient cooking method. The air fryer ensures that the pecan-caramel topping achieves a perfect balance between gooey and crunchy, creating a symphony of textures that complement the tender cake beneath. This dessert is a testament to the air fryer’s ability to create culinary masterpieces, combining convenience with the artistry of baking.
Whether you’re a dessert enthusiast or someone looking to explore the capabilities of your air fryer, this Pecan Upside Down Cake invites you to savor a delightful treat that marries the classic charm of upside-down cakes with the modern efficiency of air frying. Indulge in the rich, nutty flavors and the sweet perfection of each bite, making this dessert a memorable addition to your culinary repertoire.
Air Fryer Pecan Upside Down Cake
For the Pecan Topping:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecan halves
For the Cake Batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat your air fryer to 325°F (160°C).
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter and brown sugar over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a greased cake pan or a cake pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle pecan halves evenly over the sugar mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter over the pecan topping in the cake pan.
- Place the cake pan in the air fryer basket and air fry at 325°F for about 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert it onto a serving plate.
- Slice and serve the Pecan Upside Down Cake.
Nutritional Information (Approximate per serving, assuming 8 servings):
- Calories: 350-400
- Protein: 4-6g
- Fat: 25-30g
- Carbohydrates: 30-35g
- Fiber: 2-3g
- Sugar: 20-25g
- Sodium: 250-300mg
These values are estimates and may vary based on the specific brands and quantities of ingredients used. Adjustments can be made based on dietary preferences and requirements.