For the Filling:
- 1 pound ground beef (or your choice of protein)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salsa and guacamole for dipping (optional)
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until it’s browned and crumbled. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in the taco seasoning mix and water. Simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C).
- Place one tortilla on a clean work surface and spoon a generous portion of the beef mixture onto the center of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon or so of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the beef mixture.
- Fold the tortilla in half to create a half-moon shape, pressing the edges to seal it closed.
- Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Lightly spray both sides of the taco pockets with cooking spray.
- Place the taco pockets in the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to do this in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the pockets are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the cooked taco pockets from the air fryer and let them cool for a minute or two.
- Serve the loaded cheesy pocket tacos with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, sour cream, and any additional toppings you like. You can also serve them with salsa and guacamole for dipping.