- 2 pounds of chicken wings (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your favorite wing sauce or seasoning (optional)
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 380°F (193°C) for about 5 minutes. This will help ensure that the wings cook evenly.
- Prepare the Chicken Wings: If using whole chicken wings, you can separate them into drumettes and flats. Pat the wings dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. This will help the wings get crispy.
- Season the Wings: In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. You can also add your favorite seasonings or spices at this point if you want to flavor the wings. Common options include garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or cayenne pepper for some heat.
- Arrange in the Air Fryer Basket: Place the seasoned wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving some space between them to allow for proper air circulation. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to cook the wings in batches.
- Cook the Wings: Cook the wings in the preheated air fryer at 380°F (193°C) for about 25-30 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The exact time may vary depending on your air fryer model and the size of the wings. You can also spritz the wings with a bit of cooking spray during cooking to help them get even crispier.
- Check for Doneness: To ensure the wings are fully cooked, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. The wings should reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C).
- Optional Sauce: If you like saucy wings, you can toss the cooked wings in your favorite wing sauce (such as buffalo, BBQ, or teriyaki) in a large bowl. Make sure the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Serve: Serve the air fryer chicken wings hot with your choice of dipping sauces and sides like celery sticks and ranch or blue cheese dressing.