This is a super easy and tasty zucchini fritters recipe made healthier in air fryer that you will love as an anytime snack. Your friends and family will love it.
PREP TIME10 minsCOOK TIME15 minsTOTAL TIME25 minsCOURSEAccompaniment | Appetizer, SnackCUISINEAmericanSERVINGS8 frittersCALORIES92 kcal
- Philips Air fryer
- 2 zucchini about 1 lb. or 450 gm. grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup vegan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp. onion chopped
- 1 tsp. pepper freshly powdered
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour or chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp. olive oil only for skillet frying
- Grate the zucchini. Add salt and keep aside for 5 minutes. It will release water. Drain all the water in a cheese cloth and squeeze with your hands to remove as much moisture as you can. Keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients with the zucchini and form a thick sticky batter.
- If the batter is wet, you will need to add more flour.
For Air fryer cooking
- Preheat air fryer at 180C or 360F for 5 minutes.
- Place a parchment paper to prevent the fritters from sticking to the basket.
- Using a spoon, carefully place each zucchini patty onto the parchment paper. Flatten slightly. Watch the video for better understanding.
- Air fry at 180C or 360F for about 10-12 minutes till browned on top and cooked inside.No need to flip the patties midway.
- The time will vary slightly depending on how big your fritters are and the model of your air fryer.
- Your golden brown and delicious zucchini fritters in air fryer are ready to serve.
For Skillet Cooking
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Make patties by putting 1 tbsp. of mixture on the griddle and then pressing it down to spread it out to make flat patties.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side till golden brown.
- Your crispy zucchini fritters are ready to serve. Serve hot with a spicy dip or ketchup.
- If you don’t squeeze out most water from your zucchini, then you will end up having too much moisture in the batter and your zucchini fritters will be soggy.
- Don’t add any additional salt because cheese has a fair bit of salt.
- You can use any processed cheese. Cheese make the fritters crispy.
- You can also add ¼ cup corn kernels to this batter for more taste.
- You can add herbs of your choice to the batter as well.
- You can use a mix of all purpose flour (3 tbsp.) and chickpea flour (2 tbsp.) for a variation.
- Watch the step-by-step pictures and video for better understanding.
- I prefer to leave the peel on as it is thin and edible. It also adds a nice green colour to the shredded zucchini.
- No oil is used for air fryer recipe version and the nutritional values given are for the air fryer recipe. The skillet version uses about 2-3 tbsp. olive oil.
- This recipe makes 8 zucchini fritters.
Calories: 92kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 6gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 410mgPotassium: 168mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 209IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 133mgIron: 1mg