Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 50 minutesTotal Time: 1 hour 5 minutes Servings: 6
Try our delicious Veggie Shepherd’s Pie – a hearty and comforting casserole dinner perfect for the whole family.
- 10 Quorn Crispy Nuggets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 stalk celery diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 400 g mixed vegetables 4 cups
- 236 ml vegetable stock 1 cup
- 236 ml cream 1 cup
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 900 g potato peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g butter
- 50 g cream
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
Quorn Crispy Nuggets
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- Place the Quorn Crispy Nuggets in a baking dish and cook them in the middle shelf for 15 minutes. Set it aside.
Creamy White sauce
- In the mean while prepare the white sauce. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the celery, onion and garlic. Sauté for a few minutes until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir until the vegetables absorb the flour. Slowly add the vegetable stock, cream in small portions, whisking until you have creamy sauce.
- Add the vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes or until tender. TIP: The potatoes are cooked when they can easily be pierced with a knife.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them in a colander and return them to the pan off the heat. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher or ricer, and then add the butter and cream. Mix well, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Creamy mashed potatoes ready to be used.
- To assemble, start by taking out the baking dish with Quorn Crispy Nuggets. Then, add the white sauce mixture on top of the nuggets. Next, spread the mashed potatoes over the mixture and smooth it out. Finally, use a fork to create texture on top of the mashed potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly. Allow the pie to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired and serve warm.