Sautéed peppers, onions, and mushrooms make up these Vegetarian Fajitas. Load them into tortillas with vegan sour cream for an easy and flavorful family dinner!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 6 mins
Total: 21 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- ▢1 teaspoon chili powder
- ▢1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ▢1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ▢1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- ▢3/4 teaspoon salt
- ▢1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ▢tiny pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- ▢2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ▢1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ▢1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ▢1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- ▢1 medium red onion, sliced
- ▢8 ounce package cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
For Serving (choose any toppings you like)
- ▢lime wedges
- ▢corn or flour tortillas
- ▢guacamole or sliced avocado
- ▢pico de gallo or other salsa
- ▢black beans
- ▢Vegan Sour Cream
- ▢Shreddable Vegan Mozzarella
- In a small bowl, combine all spices/salt/pepper for the seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Now add the peppers, onion and mushrooms and fry for about a minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the seasoning mix in and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. The veggies should be softened but still slightly crisp and blackened in some areas.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately in small tortillas with lime wedges and other toppings of choice.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only and was calculated only for the fajita veggies with seasoning mix. Additional toppings and tortillas will change this calculation.
- For oil free, simply use a few tablespoons of water as needed in the pan and leave out the oil.
- May use any color variations of peppers, such as 2 green and 1 red, orange or any other combination.
- For vegan chicken fajitas, use vegan chicken strips instead of mushrooms, such as Gardein brand strips.
- For gluten free, make sure to serve on corn tortillas instead of flour.
Serving: 1of 4 servings | Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 450mg | Potassium: 237mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1838IU | Vitamin C: 87mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg