PREP TIME 32 mins
COOK TIME 18 mins
TOTAL TIME 50 mins
CALORIES 97 kcal
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- salt to taste
- water as needed
For veggie filling
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 cups mixed veggies, very finely chopped carrot, cabbage, beans, baby corn
- 2 tablespoons schezwan sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- salt to taste
For cooking potstickers
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds divided
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes divided
- 1/4 cup water for each batch
Making potstickers wrappers
- Combine flour, salt and oil in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add water gradually and make a soft yet firm pliable dough.
- Set aside for 20 minutes. In the meantime we shall prepare the filling.
Mixed veg filling
- heat sesame oil in a wok or pan.
- Add finely chopped green chilies, chili flakes, minced onions, garlic and ginger. Saute for minute
- Add sliced onions and mix well. Saute for a minute.
- Now add the mixed thinly sliced or very finely chopped veggies and mix.
- Add salt, schezwan sauce, freshly ground pepper. Mix and saute in high flame for 5-6 minutes. The veggies should be coked yet remain crunchy.
- Set aside the filling to cool a bit.
Shaping and cooking the potstickers.
- Divide the prepared dough into 16 small portions.
- Take a portion and roll into small circle of 1/6 inch thickness on a floured surface.
- place 2-3 teaspoons filling in the center and fold into half circle.
- Starting from the center pinch and seal the edges.
- Prepare all the dough balls in the same way.
- Heat a cast iron pan and add 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Throw in sesame seeds and chili flakes if you prefer.
- Place a batch of prepared dumplings, say 6-7 depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook the dumplings for 3-4 minutes, keeping the pan open until the bottom turns crispy with slight char.
- Now add 1/4 cup water and immediately close the pan with a lid before steam escapes.
- Now steam cook for another 3 minutes or until the wrapper turns glossy and non sticky.
- Cook the remaining dumplings in the same way.
- Serve potstickers immediately with any dipping sauce or chili vinegar.
Serving: 14 Calories: 97kcal
Leave a Reply