These crispy vegetable fritters are loaded with zucchini, potato, carrot (or veggies of your choice), and can be air-fried, baked, or pan-fried to perfection! Even better, they’re gluten-free, egg-free (vegan), and can be made oil-free too!
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME25 mins
TOTAL TIME35 mins
SERVINGS 6 fritters
- 1 large (375 g) zucchini
- 2 medium (300 g) potatoes (Yukon Gold or Russet)
- 1 medium (80 g) carrot
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (50 g) chickpea flour
- You can watch the short video for visual instructions.Grate the zucchini, potatoes, and carrot. Then squeeze out as much liquid as possible using a nut-milk bag, cheesecloth, or a clean kitchen towel.
- Add the veggies to a skillet and stir in all spices. Cook the veggies over low-medium heat with a lid for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat.
- Add in the chickpea flour and stir with a spatula to combine. Let the mixture cool, until you can touch it.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties, using your hands. You can choose between the following three cooking methods:
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and place 3-4 patties in it. Fry on both sides until crispy (about 4-5 minutes per side).
- Cook at 380 F (195 C) for 15 minutes in your air fryer (flip after 10 minutes). I recommend spraying the basket of your air fryer with a little oil before adding the patties, otherwise, they may stick.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (205 C) and bake the patties for 35-40 minutes on a lined baking sheet (flipping after 20-25 minutes). For a crispier result, I recommend spraying the patties with a little oil before baking and after flipping.
- Enjoy with a dip of choice, e.g. this vegan ranch dressing.
- Read the blog post for substitutes, serving suggestions, storing tips, and FAQs.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.