This easy and indulgent vegan vanilla frosting is a perfect companion for your plant-based cupcakes or cakes. Crafted by Carine Claudepierre, the recipe combines the creamy richness of soft vegan butter with the sweetness of powdered sugar, enhanced by the delicate flavor of vanilla extract. The result is a smooth, fluffy, and beautifully white frosting that adds a delectable touch to your vegan desserts.
The preparation is straightforward and requires only a few steps. Using an electric hand mixer, you’ll cream the soft vegan butter until it becomes smooth and fluffy. The addition of powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and a touch of non-dairy milk further transforms the mixture into a luscious and spreadable frosting. The key is to find the right balance during the beating process, avoiding overmixing to prevent any undesired texture changes.
This vegan vanilla frosting not only caters to those with dietary preferences but also stands out for its versatility. Whether you’re frosting a batch of six cupcakes or an elegant 8-inch one-layer cake, this recipe provides just the right amount of sweetness and creaminess. Feel free to double the ingredients for larger batches or multi-layered cakes.
Additionally, the recipe encourages customization, allowing you to add vibrant colors to your frosting using food coloring paste or gel, ensuring your desserts not only taste delightful but also look visually appealing. Stored in the fridge in a sealed container, this frosting maintains its quality for up to a week, offering a convenient make-ahead option for your baking adventures.
With a mere 15 minutes of preparation time, this vegan vanilla frosting recipe proves that plant-based desserts can be both easy to make and absolutely delicious. Indulge in the sweet, velvety goodness that elevates your vegan treats to a whole new level.
Vegan Vanilla Frosting
An easy Vegan frosting with vanilla flavor, perfect for vegan cakes or vegan cupcakes.
Prep Time15minutes mins
Total Time15minutes mins
Diet: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Keyword: vegan vanilla cake frosting, vegan vanilla cupcake frosting, vegan vanilla frosting
Servings: 6 cupcakes
Author: Carine Claudepierre
- Cuisinart Electric Beater
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- ½ cup Soft Vegan Butter (Unsalted) Earth Balance’s Soft Vegan Spread is the best
- 1 ½ cup Powdered Sugar packed, leveled, scooped
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-2 tablespoons Non-Dairy Milk soy milk or oat milk or almond milk
- In a medium bowl, cream soft vegan butter with an electric hand mixer until smooth, fluffy and whiter in color – about 30 seconds.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of soy milk.
- Beat on low speed with an electric hand mixer. This prevents the powdered sugar from bursting out of the bowl. Then, increase speed to medium-high speed moving around the bowl to bring all ingredients together.
- Beating until it forms a smooth, spreadable frosting, don’t overbeat, or it could curdle or get grainy. Read my post above for all my troubleshooting tips.
- If frosting is too thick to your liking, beat in more milk, adding a few drops at a time. If frosting becomes too thin, beat in a small amount of extra powdered sugar.
- This recipe frost 6 cupcakes or an 8 inch one-layer cake.
- Double the recipe for 12 cupcakes frosting or two-layer cake frosting.
- You can add color to your frosting, adding food coloring paste or gel, not liquid!
- Store for up to one week in the fridge in a sealed container.
The nutrition panel is for 1 serving, the recipe makes enough frosting for 12 small cupcakes.
Serving: 1cupcake frosting | Calories: 111.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.4g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 12.2g | Saturated Fat: 3.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4.9g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 122.9mg | Potassium: 9.3mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.1g | Vitamin A: 729.1IU | Vitamin B12: 0.1µg | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Vitamin D: 0.1µg | Calcium: 3.5mg | Iron: 0.1mg | Magnesium: 0.1mg | Phosphorus: 0.8mg | Zinc: 0.1mg