Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Resting Time30 mins
- Instant Pot
For the Jasmine rice
- 1 c Jasmine rice
- 1 c Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
For the basil fried rice
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 12 cashews
- 5 cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- 12 Thai basil leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 c finely chopped onions
- 1/4 c each Chopped carrots, beans, baby corn, cabbage and bell pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice wine
- 1 tbsp vegan friendly red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Vegan friendly mushroom sauce
- 1.5 tsp White pepper powder
- 1 recipe cooked and cooled jasmine rice
- 10 Thai basil leaves
Making Jasmine rice in Instant pot
- Wash the rice thoroughly under running water.
- Discard all the water used for washing.
- Combine the rice, water, salt and sesame oil in the inner pot of your Instant Pot
- Close the instant pot, set valve to sealing.
- Turn on the IP and set it to high pressure on 3 mins.
- Wait for 10 mins for natural pressure release.
- After 10 mins, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Spread the cooked rice on a plate and allow it to cool.
Making Vegan Thai Basil Fried Rice
- Heat a pan with sesame oil.
- Add the cashews and toast until golden and crunchy.
- Drain on a kitchen towel.
- Now, add the minced garlic and basil leaves.
- Fry till the garlic turns golden brown.
- Add the finely chopped onions and a sprinkle of salt.
- Mix well and fry till onions become pink and soft.
- Next, add all the chopped veggies and mix well.
- Cook on high flame for 3 mins.
- While this is getting done, add the sauces and vinegar to a bowl and mix well.
- Add the sauce mixture to the veggies.
- Add the pepper powder.
- Now, add the cooled rice and mix everything well.
- Add the toasted cashews and remaining basil leaves as garnish.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
For Instant Pot & Air Fryer Recipes
Instant Pot timings may vary based on your geographic location. Air fryer settings and timings may vary based on the capacity and the model of the Air fryer.
Nutrition values are provided here as a courtesy and are only a rough guide. Please consult a health care provider if you have any concerns.