Vegan Stuffed Shells with Spinach and Cheese 🌱Jumbo pasta shells filled with creamy vegan cheeses and spinach baked in a rich marinara sauce and topped with toasty breadcrumbs & vegan parmesan. Feeling hungry yet?
PREP TIME20 mins
COOK TIME35 mins
COURSEDinner, Entree, Lunch, Main Course
- large bowl
- 9″ x 13″ baking dish
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- large spoon for mixing
- teaspoon for filling
- 24 jumbo pasta shells cooked al dente per package instructions
- 16 oz spinach chopped – fresh or frozen* spinach is fine – *be sure to thaw and drain thoroughly before using
- 1 8 oz pkg vegan cream cheese I like Miyokos
- ½ C vegan ricotta style cheese or other soft vegan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg ground
- 24 oz marinara sauce bottled or homemade
- ⅓ C bread crumbs Italian style
- ¼ C vegan parmesan grated
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine spinach, ricotta and cream cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe dish, heat garlic and olive oil for 20 seconds in microwave.
- Add garlic and oil to spinach/cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour ⅔’s of the marinara sauce (2 cups) in the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking dish.
- Using a teaspoon, fill each shell with spinach/cheese mixture.
- Place filled shells (open side up) in pan.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 375° for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle breadcrumbs and parmesan over shells. Continue baking (uncovered) for 10 minutes until bread crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.
- When ready to serve, heat up remaining marinara sauce and spoon over shells. Add extra parmesan if desired.
- Serving: 2shellsCalories: 135kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 4gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 603mgPotassium: 365mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 2461IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 2mg
- These are estimated values generated from a nutritional database using unbranded products. Please do your own research with the products you’re using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.
Leave a Reply