Prep Time:25 minutesCook Time:13 minutesTotal Time:38 minutesCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American, Canadian Servings: 6 Servings Calories: 321kcal
- ▢Pressure Cooker
- ▢1 yellow onion finely chopped
- ▢5 cloves garlic minced
- ▢4 carrots peeled and sliced
- ▢2 pounds yellow potatoes peeled and chopped into 1.5″ pieces (approx. 3 large potatoes)
- ▢8 ounce (227g) package baby bella mushrooms (or cremini) halved
- ▢1 cup frozen peas
- ▢1 cup frozen corn
- ▢½ cup red wine
- ▢5.5 ounce can tomato paste
- ▢¾ cup green or brown lentils
- ▢4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ▢1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ▢1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ▢1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ▢1.5 teaspoon sea salt
Instant Pot Directions
- Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté function and add your finely chopped onion and garlic with a tablespoon of broth or water. Sauté until softened, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot, close the lid and make sure the valve is set to the sealing position. Then set to high pressure for 8 minutes (it will take about 20 minutes to reach pressure) and once the timer is complete, quick release the steam valve. Enjoy.
Stove Top Directions
- Add your finely chopped onion and garlic with a tablespoon of broth or water to a large pot. Sauté until softened, approx. 5 minutes.
- Then add all remaining ingredients to your pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the lentils are cooked through and potatoes are tender. Enjoy.
I like this soup thick and chunky, but if you prefer a more brothy soup, chop your veggies smaller and use an additional cup of broth. For even more added health benefits, you may add some baby spinach or shredded kale to the pot at the end of cooking.If you don’t have low sodium broth, decrease the amount of salt. Remember, you may always add more, but you cannot remove.For the potatoes, you may use your favourite variety. I like yellow potatoes, but white, russet, and even sweet potatoes work well here, if preferred.I like green lentils here, but if you don’t have any on hand, you may sub for a can of chickpeas or your favourite beans. But don’t use dry chickpeas or beans as they won’t have enough time to cook.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 987mg | Potassium: 1631mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 7384IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 5mg