- 4 packed cups spinach leaves
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water or more as needed
- If you’re using a fresh bunch of spinach, place it in a large bowl of water to clean off any dirt. Drain it and dry it in a salad spinner. This step isn’t necessary if you are using bagged spinach that has been pre-washed.
- Add the spinach, nutritional yeast, chopped walnuts, dried basil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to chop it up.
- Add a tablespoon of water and process on low until it is blended. If it is too thick, add more water a teaspoon at a time to get it to your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Calories: 92.2kcal Carbohydrates: 4.7g Protein: 4.9g Fat: 6.8g Saturated Fat: 0.6g Sodium: 237.6mg Potassium: 47.08mg Fiber: 2.6g Sugar: 0.4g Vitamin A: 94.07IU Vitamin C: 6.94mg Calcium: 47.76mg Iron: 3.41mg