- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the vegan butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the applesauce, almond milk, rum, and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice and serve the vegan rum pound cake as desired.
Leave a Reply