A simple and quick vegan stir fry made with instant ramen noodles, fresh vegetables and a delicious homemade sauce.
Prep Time5 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time20 mins
Course: Main CourseCuisine: asianKeyword: Ramen Noodle Stir Fry Servings: 2 people Calories: 360kcal
- 2 packs instant ramen noodles
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 small onion or shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 carrot
- ¼ broccoli
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sriracha or Sambal Oelek
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 100 ml vegetable stock or water
- Prepare the stir fry sauce combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, maple syrup, rice vinegar and vegetable stock or water.
- Boil the noodles for 1-2 minutes, drain the water and rinse with cold water. You want to have the noodles still al dente as they will finish cooking with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut the tofu into triangles or cubes, depending on your taste. Heat some oil in a pan and pan-fry the tofu making sure all the sides are cooked. When the tofu starts to golden, add two tablespoons of the sauce and leave it cooking for 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat some oil and add finely chopped onion. After a few minutes add the garlic and ginger finely cut, crushed or pressed. Cook for one more minute and then add the broccoli cut into florets and carrot cut into medium-size strips. After cooking for a few minutes, cover the pan with a lid for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the cooked noodles and the stir-fry sauce. Combine well all the ingredients so all the noodles are coated with the sauce. Before serving, add some sesame seeds and chilli flakes.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 772mg | Potassium: 531mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 5878IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 372mg | Iron: 4mg