- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, chives, and cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Place them in a pot of boiling water and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Add the bread crumbs, chopped herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to the mashed potatoes. Mix well until everything is combined.
- Use your hands to form the potato mixture into small patties, about 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the potato patties into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the potato patties from the pan and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the potato patties hot with your favorite dipping sauce or toppings, such as vegan sour cream or guacamole.