Learn to make Peanut butter ice cream recipe which is vegan gluten-free and also has no added sugar!
Prep Time6 hrs
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time6 hrs 20 mins
Keyword: glutenfree ice-cream, homemade peanut butter ice cream recipe, peanut butter ice cream, peanut ice cream, vegan ice-cream
- ¾ cup peanuts roasted& unsalted ( ¾ cup peanuts yield ½ cup peanut butter)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds soaked water for 15 minutes
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups frozen bananas or 3 large frozen bananas(peeled and frozen) chopped
- ½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup / agave/ honey if not vegan
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt optional
- Soak chia seeds in water. Keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Grind peanuts to make nut butter in a spice grinder. Keep grinding peanuts in short pulses until the oil is extracted and it gets a soft silky texture.(you can skip this step and use a store bought peanut butter)
- In a blender, add the nut butter, frozen bananas, vanilla extract and chia seeds along with maple syrup and salt(optional) . Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture in an ice cream tub and add some roasted chopped nuts or chocolate chips on top.
- Cover it with cling film. Close the lid and let it set overnight of 5-6 hours in the freezer.Do not keep your freezer to coldest setting as it will end up with very hard dessert.
- Before serving, wait for 5-10 minutes before scooping and serving. Serve it in cone or cup with extra chopped nuts, chocolate sauce
- You can use store bought peanut butter as well.
- Do not keep your freezer to coldest setting as it will end up with very hard dessert.
- I don’t mind adding a pinch of salt in the ice cream, it helps to enhance the sweetness.