This avocado toast is topped with skillet-caramelized mushrooms and has a savory, cravable flavor.
Prep: 5 minsCook: 11 mins Servings: 2
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced, any variety
- 2-3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bread, toasted
- 1 avocado
- fresh lemon – for the juice
- Warm skillet over high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic. About a minutes later, pour in the mushrooms. Toss in the oil a bit with a spatula.
- Cover the pan with a lid and allow the mushrooms to cook for 1-3 minutes, just until tender and lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to low, remove lid, add salt and pepper and toss the mushrooms a bit. Turn heat off and add in the vinegar. Toss. Turn heat back up to high and allow to burn off any excess liquid. Mushrooms should be lightly browned and greatly reduced in size by now. Turn heat off and let them sit in the pan while you prep the toast.
- Toast bread and mash avocado into toast. Squeeze lemon over top.
- Top avocado toast with warm mushrooms. Slice and serve.
nutrition estimate | per serving
Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 158mg | Potassium: 844mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 147IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg