This creamy mushroom soup with warming notes of smoked paprika is the perfect comfort food for rainy days.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Servings: 2 – 4 people
- Instant Pot
- 500 g Brown Mushrooms
- 500 g Vegetable Stock
- 150 g Plant Milk
- 100 g White Wine
- 70 g Vegan Greek Yogurt
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1-3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1.5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 tbsp Margarine
- 1.5 tbsp Vegan Worchester Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1.5 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Fresh Dill 2-3 sprigs
- Thyme 2-3 sprigs
- Black Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Toasted Sourdough Bread Slices or Croutons
- Fresh Thyme
- Clean the mushrooms with a slightly damp cloth, then chop them into slices.
- Switch on the sauté mode on the Instant Pot (see notes for stovetop version). Add olive oil, chopped onions and a pinch of salt, stir well and cook until onions start to brown (5 minutes).
- Add sliced mushrooms, and sauté for 10-15 minutes or until they turn wilted and slightly caramelized. You can save some sautéed mushroom for garnish if you like.
- Pour in the white wine and allow it to evaporate completely for around 60 to 90 seconds.
- Add garlic, dill, thyme, vegan Worchester sauce, nutritional yeast and smoked paprika. Top with vegetable broth, salt and pepper, then close the IP lid and set “pressure cook” for 5 minutes.
- In a separate jug combine plant milk and corn starch or flour into a lump free mixture.
- Once the soup is ready, pour in the milk mixture stir well and allow to thicken back on sauté mode for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off the Instant Pot then stir in the vegan Greek yoghurt.
- Transfer the soup into a bowl or deep dish, garnish with freshly ground pepper, thyme sprigs and reserved mushrooms, and serve straight away with toasted sourdough bread slices or croutons.
Stovetop Version: Method is the same up until step 5 where instead of pressure cook you will have to simmer the mushroom soup on medium heat for 20-25 minutes.Then proceed as per the Instant Pot version on medium heat intensity.
Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Potassium: 1545mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 4027IU | Vitamin B12: 1µg | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 255mg | Iron: 4mg
Leave a Reply