These are mini vegan sliders using tater tots as the buns! Score!
- 2 meaty vegan burgers or half a brick of vegan ground beef, defrosted
- crispy crown style tater tots (double the amount of patties)
- 4 slices vegan cheese cut into squares (quarters)
- hamburger dill pickles
- Preheat your oven to 425°. Shape small round patties from the defrosted burger meat. I used a small ice cream scoop so that they were all the same size. Make them flat and slightly larger than the circumference of the tots.
- Place the mini burger patties on a parchment lined baking sheet. On a separate lined sheet add double the amount of tots than the amount of patties as you’ll need double to be the top and bottom “buns”.
- Bake the tots and burgers for 10-12 minutes. Remove the burgers and add the quarters of cheese on top of each mini burger. Place back into the oven for 2-3 additional minutes.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on a crispy crown. Top with a pickle then the other tot. Secure with a toothpick. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Use a fatty burger like Beyond Meat, Impossible or something similar.
- Use your favorite vegan cheese. I used hot pepper jack but cheddar would be ideal