For the Potato Bites:
- Baby potatoes (red, yellow, or any variety you prefer)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika (optional)
For the Vegan Toppings: You can customize your toppings based on your preferences, but here are some popular options:
- Vegan Sour Cream:
- Vegan sour cream or dairy-free yogurt
- Lemon juice
- Chopped fresh chives
- Vegan Cheese Sauce:
- Vegan cheese sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Chopped green onions
- Ripe avocados
- Lime juice
- Chopped cilantro
- Diced tomatoes
- Salsa (store-bought or homemade)
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Diced red onion
- Vegan Bacon Bits:
- Vegan bacon bits (store-bought or homemade tempeh or mushroom bacon)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wash and scrub the baby potatoes thoroughly. You can leave the skin on for added texture and flavor.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika (if using). Make sure the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer, ensuring they are not crowded. This helps them roast evenly and get crispy.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are crispy and golden brown. You can flip them halfway through the cooking time for even browning.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare your vegan toppings. Mix the ingredients for each topping in separate bowls.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Use a small spoon or a melon baller to create a small well in the center of each potato.
- Fill each well with your chosen vegan topping. You can mix and match toppings to create a variety of loaded potato bites.
- Serve the vegan loaded potato bites on a platter, garnish with additional herbs or toppings if desired, and enjoy!