This vegan lemon cake is moist, tender, and bursting with lemony flavor! Simple to make and perfect with a cup of tea.
Course Dessert Cuisine American Keyword bundt cake, vegan cake Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 50 minutes Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes Servings12Calories 403 kcal Author Alissa Saenz
- 1 cup unflavored and unsweetened non-dairy milk
- ⅓ cup unflavored and unsweetened vegan yogurt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan butter, brought up to room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup organic sugar
- ½ teaspoon yellow food color (optional)
For the Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly oil and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Stir the milk, yogurt, lemon juice, and lemon extract together in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer at high speed until blended.
- Begin beating the milk mixture into the butter mixture, adding a bit at a time and beating it at low speed to avoid splashing.
- Begin adding the flour mixture to the milk and butter mixture, about a third at a time, beating each addition in at high speed until fully incorporated.
- Add food coloring if desired, and continue beating the batter just until smooth, about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Transfer the batter to the bundt pan.
- Bake the cake for about 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a cooling rack. Loosen the sides from the pan with a knife, but leave the cake in the pan until it is completely cool.
- To make the glaze, stir the powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a medium bowl. Add some extra powdered sugar if it seems too thin, or some extra lemon juice if it seems too thick.
- When the cake has cooled, carefully remove it from the pan by inverting it onto a plate.
- Drizzle the cake with glaze.
- Slice and serve.
FactsVegan Lemon Bundt CakeAmount Per Serving (1 slice (1/12 of cake))Calories 403Calories from Fat 139% Daily Value*Fat 15.4g24%Saturated Fat 4.8g24%Sodium 326mg14%Potassium 88mg3%Carbohydrates 63.9g21%Fiber 1g4%Sugar 39.5g44%Protein 3.5g7%Calcium 70mg7%Iron 2mg11%