Tofu really is a very versatile product. It can be used for both savory and sweet recipes. @woon.heng here created this Golden Tofu Cakes that are perfect as a snack, as a filling to your wraps and as a topping for your buddha bowls!
Prep Time:15 minutesCook Time:25 minutesTotal Time:40 minutes
- 1 pack Firm Tofu drained well
- 1/4 cup Celery chopped
- 1/4 cup Jicama chopped
- 1 small Carrot chopped
- 2.5 tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch White Pepper
- Oil for frying
- Sweet Chili Sauce & Fresh Cilantro for dipping
- Mash tofu in a bowl, if it’s too wet, use a paper towel to absorb moisture. Add celery, jicama, carrot, starch, salt & white pepper to tofu & mix until well combined. Take about 2 tablespoons of mixture & mold it into a patty by passing it between your palms.
- In a heated non-stick pan, drizzle a thin layer of oil covering the pan, place patty in slowly one by one.
- Using low-med heat, pan-fry cakes until golden brown on both sides. It’s best to flip when the tofu starts to turn golden brown at the bottom.
- To serve, wrap tofu cakes with your favorite leafy greens & dip in sweet chili sauce with a squeeze of lime juice.