This Easy Focaccia Recipe with rosemary and tomatoes is the perfect comfort food for chilly winter days. Whether you’re having a cozy night in with friends, or just want to satisfy your inner baker. This warm and aromatic dish is sure to satisfy.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 12 slices
- ▢1 bulb garlic large size (approx. 80g)
- ▢1 tbsp olive oil (15ml)
Focaccia Bread Dough
- ▢3½ cup all-purpose flour (420g)
- ▢1⅓ cup warm water (314ml) (80-90°F)
- ▢2¼ tsp active dry yeast (7g)
- ▢2 tbsp olive oil (30ml)
- ▢1½ tsp sea salt (9g)
- ▢¼ cup olive oil (60ml)
- ▢4 oz cherry tomatoes (115g), cut in half
- ▢2 sprig fresh rosemary 1tbsp chopped or 4g
- ▢½ tsp sea salt flakes (3g)
- ▢Roast the garlic first (oven or air fryer) – Preheat oven to 400°F/200 C. Cut the top off a head of garlic and drizzle with 1 tbsp/15ml olive oil. Wrap with aluminum foil and bake for 35-45 minutes until browned and fragrant then turn the oven off.
- ▢Before you begin making the focaccia, it is important to gather all of the ingredients needed. In a large bowl combine 1 1/3 cup (314ml) warm water with ¼ cup (30g) of the flour. Stir to dissolve. Sprinkle the yeast on top and set aside to get foamy, about 10-15 minutes.
- ▢Stir in the rest of the flour, olive oil, and salt. Mix in until a dough forms.
- ▢Turn the dough out on a very lightly floured surface. Knead for 5-7 minutes until smooth and stretchy.
- ▢Place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Allow to rise until a little over doubled (60-90 minutes depending on the ambient temperature).
- ▢While the dough is rising, prep the toppings. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, use a blunt knife or peel and squeeze out the roasted cloves. Try to keep them as intact as possible. Slice the tomatoes in half. Finely chop the rosemary.
- ▢Add ¼ cup/60ml olive oil to a 9”x13”/22.5cm x 32.5cm cake pan. Spread out evenly and place the dough in. Turn over several times to completely cover in oil. Stretch out with your fingers to the corners.
- ▢Cover again and allow to rise until 1.5x the size (30-60 minutes). While rising, heat the oven again to 450°F/230 C. Using oiled fingers, push lots of dimples into the dough. Press cloves (or small bits) of roasted garlic into some of the dimples. Press the halved tomatoes in cut side up. Sprinkle with chopped rosemary and salt.
- ▢Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown and very firm. Allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack, and resting for at least another 20 minutes before cutting and serving. Best eaten in the same day, but you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 294mg | Potassium: 82mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0.3g | Vitamin A: 47IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 2mg