The perfect Mezze Platter built with homemade Falafels, hummus, baba ganoush, fresh and roasted veggies and much more.
Prep Time30 minsCook Time20 minsTotal Time50 mins
Course: Appetizer, Main CourseCuisine: Middle EasternKeyword: Falafel Mezze Platter Servings: 4 people Calories: 746kcal
- Food Processor
Ingredients for Homemade Falafels
- 2 cups dried chickpeas
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ¾ cups fresh coriander chopped
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt add more to taste
Mezze Platter Ingredients
- 12 falafels
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 cup baba ganoush
- ½ cucumber
- 7-8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A handful lettuce
- 1 block halloumi
- ½ aubergine
- 1 small zucchini
- Assortment roasted and grilled veggies
- Pita bread
- ¼ Cup tahini
- ⅓ Cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Leave the chickpeas soaking overnight, at least 12 hours before preparing your falafels.
- Once your chickpeas have been soaking for at least 12 hours, rinse them and remove the excess of water. Add them in a food processor and blend for a couple of seconds.
- Add to the food processor the onion, broccoli, fresh coriander, fresh parsley, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper and salt.
- Blend all the ingredients until you have a uniform dough. It doesn’t have to be mushy as the balls will be too dense, but it needs to be blended enough for the dough to not fall apart when frying them.
- Using your hands or using a falafel press, form the dough into round shapes. Make sure the size is not too small or too big. It should be around the size of your palm.
- Heat up some neutral oil in a small frying pan so you don’t have to use that much oil. Fry the falafels until they are brown and crispy on the outside. If the falafels are shaped correctly, not much oil will go inside. The inside part will still be really fresh and light.
Rest of the ingredients for the Mezze Platter
- Preheat the oven to 180Cº and add in a baking tray potato cut into chips and sliced carrots. Season with some olive oil and salt and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- To prepare the hummus and baba ganoush from scratch, check our recipes listed above. You can as well use store-bought dips.
- Finely chop the cucumber and cherry tomatoes and combine with extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Wash and chop the lettuce.
- Heat some oil in a griddle pan and grill the halloumi, sliced aubergine and sliced zucchini.
- Heat up some pita bread to serve with the mezze platter
- To make the tahini sauce simple combine tahini, water and lemon juice. Mix all the ingredients properly until you have a creamy consistency.
Calories: 746kcal | Carbohydrates: 108g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 900mg | Potassium: 2178mg | Fiber: 29g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 6433IU | Vitamin C: 79mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 12mg