Only 10 minutes to make and it tastes just like eggs! Perfect for a quick lunch. Make this salad ahead of time for meal prep.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
For the vegan egg salad:
- 1 block (454g) medium-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 6 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
To make sandwiches:
- 8 slices bread (gluten-free if preferred)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- To make the vegan egg salad: chop the tofu into small cubes.
- Add the tofu to a large bowl along with the vegan mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, yellow mustard, green onions, black salt, and turmeric. Gently mix. If desired add table salt and pepper to taste.
- To make vegan egg salad sandwiches: toast the bread if desired. Layer 4 slices of bread with a lettuce leaf and then follow with a generous serving of the vegan egg salad. Top with the remaining slices of bread and serve.
*Nutrition is based on one serving of the vegan egg salad without bread and lettuce. One serving is ¼th of the recipe.
*Vegan egg salad can be made ahead of time and stored covered in the fridge for 2 – 3 days. If it looks watery, just give it a gentle stir to reincorporate.