- 5 cups mushrooms
- 1 jar pickle juice (marinade)
- 2 cups garbanzo beans
- 4 Tbsp mustard
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/8 cup sweet relish
- 2 Tbsp dill
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper
- smoked paprika
- Wash mushroom caps and put them in a pickle juice jar and marinate for as little as one hour or up to 5 days. Note: Before filling the mushrooms allow to sit and drain on a paper towel.
- Cook dried garbanzo beans according to package direction and drain. OR use canned garbanzo beans and drain.
- Add beans to a food processor and blend until beans are smooth.
- Add blended beans to a bowl and mix in mayo, mustard, and all spices (except smoked paprika). Mix until creamy.
- Drain mushroom caps and top with creamy garbanzo bean mixture.
- Sprinkle smoked paprika on top and enjoy!
- My favorite vegan mayo is by Chosen Foods
Leave a Reply