- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Coarsely chop the cranberries in a food processor, and set aside.
- Stir together the dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Zest the orange and then squeeze it for the juice. I needed 1 ½ oranges to get ½ cup of orange juice.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl or a measuring cup.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts and then the chopped cranberries.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins lined with parchment cupcake liners baking cups or a silicone muffin pan and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until a toothpick poked into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- To make these muffins gluten free, substitute a 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend.
- Whole wheat pastry flour can be used in place of the all purpose flour.
- Pecans can be substituted for the walnuts, or the nuts can be omitted for those on a nut free diet.
- Serving: 1muffin Calories: 144.4kcal Carbohydrates: 28g Protein: 3.1g Fat: 2.5g Saturated Fat: 0.3g Sodium: 224.7mg Fiber: 1.4g Sugar: 10.1g Vitamin A: 51.91IU Vitamin C: 7.04mg Calcium: 88.83mg Iron: 1.3mg
Leave a Reply