Chop Suey Sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegan oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 250 g tofu
- ½ white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-size ginger piece
- 2 carrots
- ½ red pepper
- ½ small broccoli
- 4 button mushrooms
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch diluted in water
- To prepare the Chop Suey sauce combine the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice vinegar, white pepper, vegan oyster sauce, and maple syrup. Whisk until the sauce is homogenous.
- Chop all the veggies, deep fry, or stir fry the tofu, and finely slice the garlic and ginger.
- Using a wok or pan heat some coconut oil or other vegetable oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and fried tofu, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add ½ cup water and keep cooking for 2 more minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- Pour the sauce into the pan. Stir until all the ingredients are coated.
- Add the diluted cornflour and keep cooking for 2 more minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add some sesame oil and serve your veg Chop Suey.
- If you like your chop suey spicy, add some sliced red chili with the garlic and ginger.
- Serve with steamed rice or your favorite noodles.
Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 1224mg | Potassium: 509mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 11140IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 3mg