Vegan Chocolate Fudge
PREP TIME 1hour hour
COOK TIME 3minutes minutes
TOTAL TIME 1hour hour 3minutes minutes
- 2 cups finely chopped dairy-free dark or semi-sweet chocolate (we like Theo baking bars)
- 1 cup drippy cashew butter (we prefer Artisana raw, unsalted or homemade // or sub other nut or seed butter of choice, such as almond, peanut, tahini, or sunflower)
- 4-6 Tbsp honey (or sub maple syrup, but we didn’t like it as much and it can cause the mixture to seize)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- Melt chocolate either in the microwave in 30-second increments, or over a double boiler (medium saucepan with 1 inch of water, simmering, and a glass or metal bowl over top that rests high enough that it doesn’t touch the water) on the stovetop. Once melted, remove from heat.
- To the melted chocolate add nut butter and whisk to combine. Then add honey (starting with the lesser amount and working your way up to taste) and salt (optional) and stir or whisk to combine.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined loaf pan (or 8×8” baking dish) and (optionally) top with a few more dollops of nut butter and swirl with a knife or toothpick (see photo).
- Freeze until firm (~1-2 hours). Slice and enjoy (as recipe is written, makes ~20 pieces). Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with Theo’s 85% dark chocolate, the lesser amount of honey, and without optional salt.
Nutrition (1 of 20 servings)
Serving: 1 serving Calories: 178 Carbohydrates: 14.3 g Protein: 4 g Fat: 14.5 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.07 g Monounsaturated Fat: 3.73 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 2 mg Potassium: 72 mg Fiber: 2.4 g Sugar: 7.3 g Vitamin A: 0 IU Vitamin C: 0.02 mg Calcium: 5.76 mg Iron: 1.43 mg